Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Picture


The hand wave is actually intended to signify that this is my fifth marathon. This photo was taken right around the time I had realized I had enough in the tank to step up the pace below a ten minute mile. I was feeling great and I was at around mile 18. Relaxed and comfortable. I was also motivated because there was a guy running near me yapping on and on about how marathons are his life and how many hundreds he had run and all his favorite ones and so on. I live my life as I run my marathons, in silence and like a curmudgeon. Actually, he was interesting to listen to but he was a bit too animated for my taste. After running near him for about five miles I was finally able to drop him.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

You rocked Seattle! I'll be in Eugene cheering everyone on!